CODE OF CONDUCT AND INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS AND STAFF
- Students are expected to reach the school campus five to ten minutes before the first bell for morning assembly. Those who are late must obtain permission from the concerned person in charge, who makes entries at the gate in the diaries of late comers before allowing them to enter the school campus.
- After making three late arrival entries in the diary, Rs. 20/- will be charged as fine for every subsequent late arrival from the
- The students are not permitted to arrive too early to the school campus. If such need arises, such student should report his/her early arrival to the security guard and should spend the time under the scrutiny and protection of the security guard. He/she will be allowed to enter the school building or the class room only 10 minutes before the assembly bell.
- The students who arrive too early before beginning the assembly are not allowed to loiter around. They should not be seen either alone or in company with other students in any isolated corners in the school campus. Instead, they should be in the playground in the visibility of the security guard and would be allowed to enter the school building or the class rooms only 10 minutes before the assembly bell.
- Once a student has entered the school campus he/she will not be allowed to leave the campus without obtaining the gate pass from the competent authority.
- The warning bell before the assembly is a signal for students to go to their respective class- rooms in perfect silence.
- At the bell for beginning the assembly the students will be marching to the assembly ground from their respective class rooms in perfect silence and discipline. The class teachers will monitor their discipline.
- All pupils are expected to be present for the assembly during which they pray together and no one is to stay in the class room without obtaining prior permission on any very serious reason.
- The attendance will be marked in the attendance register at the beginning of the two sessions: one at the arrival in the class after the assembly and the other after the noon-break.
- The students are not allowed to roam about idly in the school campus or stay on in the classrooms after the last bell has been
rung for leaving the school.
- Any student whose transportation facility is delayed should inform the matter to the school office and wait at the reception other than loitering about outside the school gate or crowding around the street vendors or entering the adjacent shops to while away time.
- Students should be proactive in promoting a friendly school atmosphere and should work for making the school a positive,
supportive, safe and welcoming place.
- Every student should bring daily the school diary to the school to facilitate the Principal/teachers to convey any information or request to the parents /guardians through the diary. If the parents/guardians are asked to meet the Principal/Teachers, they must do it without fail.
- The students who are sick should not come to the school to take the examination during the exams days. If one is sick he/she must remain at home and send a leave application. If a student comes to school to take the examination, he/she will not be sent home before the scheduled time for the examination to get over. If any emergency arises the parents will be informed for their immediate intervention.
- A leave application signed by the parents should be submitted to the office, if a student wants to take a day’s leave. Any absence without prior leave application should be supported by a leave letter from the parents explaining the reason for absence on the day the absentee student returns to the school. In the absence of such leave application the student may be granted permission to attend the class on the same day but will be barred from entering the classroom on the next day.
- Serious disciplinary action will be taken against a student who submits fabricated or fake leave letters or medical certificates to justify his absence. Forging the signature of anyone including those of one’s parents will be considered as serious criminal offense. If any such behaviours is detected the student will be suspended from the school with immediate.
- A total of 75% school attendance is compulsory to be eligible to sit for the examinations; both for the term examinations and for
the final examination in all classes.
- Equal importance will be given for the academic progress and the character formation of every student. Therefore it would be marked in the progress report the marks obtained for the academic subjects as well as the Grade obtained in the personality traits.
- In each class a register will be maintained in which all the staff members are free to add points for every significant good character trait, mentioning the date and the description of the good deed as well as to enter minus point for every violation of the expected character trait or any delinquent behaviour. At the end of every term the plus and minus points will be tallied and the students who obtain above 90% points in good personality traits will be given appreciation award.
- The Progress report/Proficiency profile record will be prepared after taking into consideration the remarks mentioned in the personality traits register maintained in each class.
- In the progress report, along with the marks obtained for different subjects taught in the school, Grade is marked for the personality traits of each student. The parents should show keen interest in the personality development of their students by checking the progress marked in the progress report.
- It is compulsory for the students to read the specified number of books from the Library in each term. Marks will be added for the books read and marks will be reduced for noncompliance of the rule. A summary of each book read, consisting of answers to the questions: Namely, (1) What was the book all about? (2) What did you gain from reading the book? (3) Which chapter or what idea, what concept, what incident, or what expression etc. of the book struck you/impressed you most? Should be written and submitted to the respective language teacher. At the end of the term the language teacher will pick up any of those summaries and may ask questions to make sure that the person still remembers what he/she had read. Accordingly marks will be awarded as per the instruction of the Principal.
- All letters and correspondence addressed to pupils are subject to the scrutiny of the Principal. Involvement of a student in any unhealthy friendship or indecent relationship with a person of the opposite or same gender, or any remarks, commends, jokes, exchanging of letters, sexually nuanced gestures etc. through verbal, textual, graphic or electronic media, of demeaning nature that goes against sexual modesty, will be treated as very serious offence and such students will be asked to discontinue studies in this school with immediate effect.
- The students are forbidden to bring to the school the following items and any other similar items which are in no way related to any school activities without obtaining prior permission: Fireworks materials, Matches, Expensive toys or Weapons, Valuables, Computer games, Razor, Perfume, Knife, Yoyos, Darts, Sling shots and other potentially dangerous toys. If any such items are found with any student strict disciplinary action will be taken.
- It is not permitted for children to imprint Tattoos on any part of their body and to display them to others. Such acts are not considered to be conducts of persons with nobility and are considered to be showing disrespect to one’s body. The same rule is applicable to girls who decorate their bodies for attracting others which may be considered as immodest and socially unacceptable to children of noble families. Those who defy the rule will be issued the “letter of information” to be shown to the parents and the matter should be settled in consultation with the parents.
- Any criminal activity through the social media amounting to cybercrime among the students will be considered very serious offense for which a student may be suspended from the school with immediate effect; and the parents will be contacted to take the student home. Subsequently he/she may be dismissed from the school as per the seriousness of the case.
- No student should go on ruminating in his/her mind thoughts and plans of personal vendetta against any staff or student. If ever it is detected that someone is carrying on with revengeful thoughts and hatred against another the matter will be treated as very serious offense as amounting to attempt to cause injury to another. Such a student will not be allowed to continue to study in the school unless and until the parents of both the parties submit written undertaking that they alone will be responsible for any future eventualities of hurt or harm to anyone of the parties.
- All the students should make it a point to settle any matter of dispute as soon as it arises with the help of the staff or the Principal.
- Attempt to express or actually expressing any physical intimacy which is socially unacceptable either in private or in public between two students, either of the same gender or between the opposite genders is a serious offense. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the offenders.
- Use of abusive language in written or oral form by any student is a serious offense and such students will not be allowed to continue in the school if he/she does not give up such habit.
- Bullying in any form either physically or mentally or through social media among the students is a serious offense and if anyone is found to be engaged in such activities he/she will be suspended from the school with immediate effect. As per the seriousness of the matter disciplinary action will be initiated against the delinquent student.
- The students are to immediately report to the Internal Complaint Committee member of the school any type of offensive behavior with sexual intent from the part of any person in the school campus or outside. In this way one can help the school authority to book the offender. One must not gossip around such delicate issues to anyone and everyone, instead, such issues should be immediately brought to the knowledge of one of the Internal Complaint Committee members only. At the same time it is to be borne in mind that if an innocent person is falsely implicated, the complainant shall be prosecuted with severe penalties.
- Watching any pornographic videos through any type of social media or through the internet is absolutely forbidden to children. If ever such behavior is reported to the school authority strict and stringent disciplinary action will be taken against the student.
- The students are not permitted to develop any clandestine, secret, friendship with anyone either inside or outside the school campus. All their friends should be known to their parents and even to the teachers. If ever it is found that such friendship is going on severe disciplinary action will be taken against the students and even they could be expelled from the school.
- The school is not responsible for articles or money lost. It is not advisable to bring valuable articles (like expensive watches, fountain pens etc.) to school. Pupils below V Std. are advised not to wear costly wrist watches in the school.
- In the case of girl students they are not allowed to wear costly ornaments when they come to the school. If ever they bring
such costly adornments and if they are lost the school will not entertain any such complaints.
- No student shall be allowed to go out or to be taken out of the school compound without obtaining the ‘out pass’ from the Principal. The out pass shall not be issued unless the Principal is convinced of the genuineness of the need and the credentials of the person who has come with the request to take the student from the school for whatever purpose.
- A student will not be allowed to meet any visitor unless he/she carries with him/her the identity card issued from the school.
- Personal Cleanliness and grooming is expected of every student. The school uniform must be clean, well pressed and complete without any type of decorations. Students coming to the school with untidy dress, hair etc. will be fined and if one does not oblige to follow the school instruction a “letter of information” will be sent to the parents. The student will be allowed to continue studies in the school only after the settlement of the issue in consultation with the parents.
- The class-teachers are duty bound to check diligently the uniform of the students regularly. They should regularly insist on the hair-style of the boys and girls that they follow the regulation of the school.
- During the recess for the lunch break pupils are expected to leave the classrooms only after having eaten their lunch. The teachers on duty are expected to take care that the students peacefully consume their Tiffin.
- The students should be highly motivated to bring their Tiffin those food items which are prepared at their home kitchen by their mothers or their dear ones. It is highly injurious for children to consume junk food. All kind of junk food items are strictly banned.
- It is highly encouraged for children of all classes to have a fruit break after the second period in the morning. The students
should be motivated to bring any fruit item and consume it in the class during the fruit recess.
- It is not healthy and hygienic for children to have their lunch (Tiffin) squatting on the floor or in the ground; and therefore the meals should be taken sitting on benches in the class room itself.
- The Principal has the right to confiscate books, newspapers, periodicals, mobile phones and any other items which may be considered objectionable. No student should possess any unauthorized sharp instrument or any lethal weapon which is in no way related to the study materials and neither should they bring any contraband items, intoxicants, drugs or anything objectionable to any inmate of the school. If any such material is found in possession of anyone he/she will be suspended from the school with immediate effect, and if the evil intention of the possessor is proved he/she will be debarred from attending this school.
- The academic session of the school will be from March to Feb. The medium of instruction and expression is English within the
school campus. Punjabi, the mother tongue is taught form L.K.G. and Hindi, the national language from U.K.G.
- All students are advised to practice speaking English within the school Campus. But however no child should be punished or fined for speaking in their mother tongue. Speaking in English should be encouraged not by punishment but by motivation.
- The school management will arrange special coaching classes for Hindi on special request for those students who have taken
Hindi as an optional subject in 9th and 10th Std. However an extra fee will be charged for the same.
- Money should not be lent or borrowed or articles exchanged between the students, without due permission from the class- teacher.
- No collection of money for any purpose whatsoever is to be started and no meeting, demonstration, party or picnic may be
held without previous sanction of the Principal.
- Giving presents or gifts to the members of the staff or any type of demonstration of gratitude towards them also requires previous sanction from the Principal.
- Any pupil desiring to be exempted from PT, games or any other activities in the school must produce a doctor’s certificate to
the effect that he/she is physically unfit to take part therein.
- Children have no permission to attend parties or to go to the cinema or to go to friend’s house on their way to the school or on the way back home from the school.
- All Children especially the girls should avoid at any cost the company of any stranger on their way to the school or on the way back home. Never should they accept any edible items from strangers and neither should they accept if a stranger offers a free lift in their vehicle to reach you to the school or to home.
- All pupils should have their books in a canvas or leather bag. Aluminum suitcase will not be allowed.
- Care must be taken to protect all school- property. No pupil should scratch or carve on the desks or chairs or damage any school furniture. Writing or drawing pictures on the walls, breaking or damaging school property or things belonging to others are all strictly forbidden. Damage done to any property even by accident should be reported at once to the class teacher or to the Principal. Any damage done must be made good by the one who does it. Anyone who sees that something is damaged should report the matter even if he/ she does not know who has done it. No Pupil should bring razor blade or any sharp instruments unwarranted to school.
- Students are not permitted to wear such wrist watches which functions as minicomputers or mobile phones which can be used to do clandestine activities in the class, in the examinations and in the school campus.
- Running, playing, shouting and whistling inside the school building is never allowed.
- The name, Admission number, standard and section of the pupil should be clearly marked on all his/her belongings.
- The students should behave in a refined and polite manner wherever they go; they should always remember that the standard of the school is judged by the behavior of its students. They should always greet their teachers, elders and friends in a pleasant and audible tone of voice wherever they meet them in school or outside. They should be gentle and polite to their companions and others.
- Pupils shall be cheerful in their obedience to their parents and teachers giving them always the respect and affection that is their due and accepting their guidance and correction with gratitude.
- Cycles must be kept locked at the cycle stand only. Students should not ride around the school compound on bicycles. While
entering or leaving the school gate, one must walk instead of riding.
- Students who do not possess a valid driving license are not allowed to come to the school by driving Motor vehicles.
- Students who come to school under the care of servants or any guide or guard, should never leave before they arrive. In case
of delay they should report to the school office.
- Those who go home alone should not loiter about on the way. They should be prompt in returning home. Students are warned not to buy anything especially eatables from street vendors.
- Students will not be called to answer phone calls during class hours, unless it is very urgent.
- The Principal has the right to suspend or request the withdrawal of any pupil in the interest of the school provided that he/she judges that such a step is necessary. It is not necessary that the Principal should convince the concerned student or his/her parents the reason why the student is asked to be withdrawn from the school. The matter is left to the discretion of the Principal alone.
- The school has the right to teach any subject that is required and approved by the Board of Education both as compulsory and optional.
- No student is permitted to bring cell phone to the school complex. If any student is found with a mobile phone, the phone will be confiscated and will be returned only at the end of the academic year on condition that such violation of discipline will not be repeated in future. Parents and teachers are required to switch off their mobile phones in the school complex.
- The students are not permitted to invite any of their friends to the school campus from outside who are not presently studying in the school for whatever purposes without taking prior permission from the Principal.
- After the school hours no student will be allowed to roam around or loiter outside the school gate. Those students whose transportation vehicles or their parents happened to be late to arrive to pick them up, must spend their waiting time inside the school campus. A negative remark will be entered against the character traits of those students who are found loitering outside.
- Duplicate copies of Transfer Certificate are ordinarily not issued. In special case of urgency a bona fide certificate may be issued after verification, on payment of Rs.100/- stating that the particular student was studying in this school during a particular tenure.
- A student who is caught using unfair means in the examination will be awarded zero in the concerned paper and it could lead to his dismissal from the school.
- A student who threatens the parents or the school authority with dire consequence of himself/herself committing suicide or to harm oneself or others on any disciplinary action on him/her will be immediately dismissed from the school. Information of any such oral or written threat will disqualify him/her to continue the studies in this school except through a written undertaking by the parents that they will not hold the school in any way responsible for such drastic step by their son/daughter. And a copy of the written undertaking (affidavit) will be given to the Police station.
- No student should hold any personal vendetta against any staff member or any student in the school. If a student has any dispute against anyone it should be brought to the knowledge of the Principal or any staff member in whom the student has confidence. If any personal feud or vendetta is found to be going on, all involved persons will be suspended from the school with immediate effect.
- The school will be free to introduce additional facilities in consultation with the parents as per the need and advancement in the method of teaching. The parents should be willing to subscribe to such additional facilities for the benefit of their children. If the majority of the parents give their consent to such additional facility the other parents should cooperate with the majority.
- Duplicate copy of “School Diary” will be issued only with the consent of the Principal, after verification of the request and on a payment of Rs. 100/-. Children must remember to bring their school diary daily to school and should take care of it that it is not lost.
- Each student must possess two identity cards issued by the school. One should be worn around neck by the student whenever he is in the school complex and the other should be with the parents to show at the gate whenever the parents want to meet their students.
- No physical or verbal violence is permitted in the school. If anyone is found having recourse to such behaviour, he/she will be
suspended with immediate effect and an enquiry will be conducted which may lead to one’s dismissal if proved guilty.
- The school has constituted an internal complaints committee (ICC) to look into any sexual or physical harassment of the stude nts or employees in the school. Any matters pertaining to such issues should be immediately reported to the said committee. The committee will then deal with the matter as per the legal norms.
- The same committee will look into all matters pertaining to the POCSO Act 2012 and sexual harassment of women at work place (prevention, prohibition and redressal) Act, 2013 and will follow the necessary legal procedure.
- Allotting to students different Sections/Houses and shuffling them into different classes, as and when required, is fully at the discretion of the school authorities and no request for a particular Section/House or changing of Section/House will be entertained, unless it is found very essential.
- The tendency of the students to go for private tuition is strongly discouraged; instead they should be encouraged to participate in the remedial classes provided in the school itself. The school teachers shall not engage themselves for private tuition, exce pt with the permission of the Principal.
- Parent-Teacher Meeting (PTM) is to be attended by all parents/guardians of the students. Those students whose parents/guardians have not attended the PTM, without getting prior permission from the Principal, due to any unavoidable reasons, will not be allowed to attend the classes unless and until they bring their parents/guardians to the school.
- If anyone, be it a teacher, parent, student or an employee, be found in an inebriated state in the school campus stringent legal action will be initiated against him/her with immediate effect, leading even to the dismissal.
- While sending letters or making remittance of fee or inquiries, please note the full name (as written in the admission form) of the child. His/her class and Roll Number/Admission No. is very important to enter because there are many students in a class/school with the same name.
- The students are requested to notify to the school office any change in their address and phone numbers through a letter of
application from their parents in which there should be the signature of both the parents.
- The school will not entertain any anonymous letters; instead every parent is permitted to lodge any of their complaints or suggestions through the suggestion box or through the provisions provided.
- Character formation of each student based on universal and eternal values is one of the key motives of the entire school administration. Therefore textbooks on moral science are compulsorily taught in the school. Besides extra instructions based on the booklet “Hints for Personality development” is regularly imparted to the students.